About the Community of Readers

My photo
Established in 2007 by the Leatherby Libraries, the Community of Readers is the summer reading program for Chapman University. This program is open to everyone who has borrowing privileges at the Leatherby Libraries and a current library account, including students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Members select books from the Leatherby Libraries and receive prizes upon submission of their first review. The only requirement is that books must be obtained through the Leatherby Libraries.

Search the Library Catalog

Search the Library Catalog
Click to Navigate to the Leatherby Libraries homepage

Monday, July 27, 2015

Wild



Title
Wild
Author
Cheryl Strayed
Call Number
PS3619.T744 Z46 2013
Location
2nd Floor Humanities
Rating
Highly Recommended
Book Review
This book is very near and dear to my heart. As an avid outdoor enthusiast, I was first intrigued by this book simply because I knew it was about a woman's experience backpacking alone. What I wasn't aware of prior to reading it was the emotional motivation she had for going on her trip. Although I have not experienced situations nearly as trying or difficult in my life as Cheryl had, I have turned to nature for healing during a difficult time in my own life. This book is a perfect example of how going off the grid for a while can be the perfect way to get back to yourself. Even if you aren't a backpacker or nature enthusiast, I believe everyone can relate to the desire to make a change in one's own life. Wild is an exceptional story of a woman doing just that.
Submitted By
Lauren Menges
Department or Major
Leatherby Libraries
Status
Staff

No comments:

Post a Comment