About the Community of Readers

My photo
Established in 2007 by the Leatherby Libraries, the Community of Readers is the summer reading program for Chapman University. This program is open to everyone who has borrowing privileges at the Leatherby Libraries and a current library account, including students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Members select books from the Leatherby Libraries and receive prizes upon submission of their first review. The only requirement is that books must be obtained through the Leatherby Libraries.

Search the Library Catalog

Search the Library Catalog
Click to Navigate to the Leatherby Libraries homepage

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - The Long Way Home

TitleBuffy the Vampire Slayer - The Long Way Home
AuthorJoss Whedon
Call NumberPN6728.B84 W44 2007
Location1st Floor Graphic Novel
RatingSomewhat Recommended
Book ReviewI loved the Buffy TV series.  When I found out they were continuing the series as a comic book, I was all in.  I own every individual comic.  What I didn't do was actually read those comics. At first it was because I wanted to wait until I could binge read.  Then it was because life wouldn't let me squeeze them in.  Anyway....I picked up the graphic novel hoping to get on track.  Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy the book!  It was a rehash of old characters and missing Joss' usually amazing dialogue.  Maybe I've outgrown that world - it has been 20+ years since it started!  Try it if you are a fan, but it's certainly not for anyone else.  (I promise this is my last graphic novel review unless the library gets Saga 7....)
Submitted ByRobin Pendergraft
Department or MajorSCST
StatusStaff
Chapman Emailpendergr@chapman.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment