About the Community of Readers

My photo
Established in 2007 by the Leatherby Libraries, the Community of Readers is the summer reading program for Chapman University. This program is open to everyone who has borrowing privileges at the Leatherby Libraries and a current library account, including students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Members select books from the Leatherby Libraries and receive prizes upon submission of their first review. The only requirement is that books must be obtained through the Leatherby Libraries.

Search the Library Catalog

Search the Library Catalog
Click to Navigate to the Leatherby Libraries homepage

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The Exile



Title
The Exile
Author
Diana Gabaldon
Call Number
PN6727.G335 E95 2010
Location
1st Floor Graphic Novel
Rating
Somewhat Recommended
Book Review
This was my first foray into the world of graphic novels, and I'm not sure it's the genre for me. I chose to read this book because I am a huge fan of Gabaldon's Outlander series, on which this graphic novel is based. However, I feel that the limitations of the genre took away from the story. Outlander is an epic tale full of rich narrative, which graphic novels intrinsically lack. This boiled-down version of the story did not pack any of the emotional punch that the original novel does (although I did enjoy the illustrations). Fans of graphic novels may enjoy this book more than I did.
Submitted By
Lauren Menges
Department or Major
Leatherby Libraries
Status
Staff

No comments:

Post a Comment