About the Community of Readers

My photo
Established in 2007 by the Leatherby Libraries, the Community of Readers is the summer reading program for Chapman University. This program is open to everyone who has borrowing privileges at the Leatherby Libraries and a current library account, including students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Members select books from the Leatherby Libraries and receive prizes upon submission of their first review. The only requirement is that books must be obtained through the Leatherby Libraries.

Search the Library Catalog

Search the Library Catalog
Click to Navigate to the Leatherby Libraries homepage

Thursday, August 1, 2024

 

TitleThrone of Glass
AuthorSarah J Maas
LocationOther
RatingHighly Recommended
Book ReviewI have been looking forward to starting the Throne of Glass series for some time now, and this first book did not disappoint. It was slow in the beginning, but once I hit page 70, time flew by. The world-building is super intricate, and a bigger plot unfolds in the background as we get to know the characters. All the characters introduced so far have deep personalities and are already showing signs of development. Celaena is such a complex main character, and I am so excited to see where her story goes. I can already see a big plot being set up for her, and I cannot wait to read the rest of the series. There is so much left to be discovered about the world and all of the characters. I feel like I have gotten breadcrumbs so far, and it has left me wanting more. I hope the rest of the series stays as strong as the beginning. I would say that if you are into YA fantasy, I recommend this first book! I'm working on all 7, so I'll update as I go!
Submitted ByAlyssa Castanon
Department or MajorLeatherby Libraries
StatusStaff
Chapman Emailalycastanon@chapman.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment